Sunday, September 6, 2009

how it all began...



Ever since I can remember I always wanted to wear EXACTLY what I wanted to - even if everyone else didn't think it matched!

I also always wanted to wear my mom's or my sister's clothes - even if they were too big for me.

I will never forget the day that I took my sister's new dress and "altered" it... Or should I say:
"CUT" it up?

I loved that pink and yellow tie dyed tube top dress. It was sooooo grown up! I wanted it.

While noone was looking, I grabbed the sissors from the kitchen drawer. Then I hid under the kitchen table with the sissors and pink and yellow dress.

It just needed a little re sizing to fit me!

I quickly cut the bottom off so it wouldn't be too long anymore for me.
Then I slipped it on!
It was perfect in length!
But it was still way too big . Sooooooo...I took the ponytail holder out of my hair and I used it to cinch the dress in. Perfect!

As I was admiring myself in my new dress, I got busted! BUSTED!!!

My mom and sister freaked out. I am sure you can use your imagination and figure out what happened!

But what you may not know, though, is that I think that
was the very moment I realized if I just had a sewing machine,
I could learn to sew
and make exactly what I want to wear.

That's what I got for my 6th birthday! A singer sewing machine.
And the rest is history.

ciao for now,
Cecilia